What are some of the things that make IslaPayal sustainable and ethical?
- Slow Fashion- We are committed to make high-quality garments that you can wear for years, that are made with sustainable premium cotton and that support hundreds of artisanal families
- Small-batch production with minimum waste
- Fair wages to every worker in our family
- Ideal working conditions for our artisans, with ample sunlight, a beautiful and clean factory environment, regular work breaks and holidays
- Strictly no child labor
- Training our artisans to improve their skill sets regularly, then moving them to higher pay grades
- Fair representation of both genders on the factory floor
- The use of natural fabrics like cotton, and natural derived fabrics like bamboo viscose-cotton blends. No polyesters.
- The use of eco-friendly azo-free dyes for our block-printing process
- Reducing waste by reusing and repurposing our scrap fabrics
- Honesty and transparency